• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7 radial filter problem

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started using the radial filter after watching a video tutorial online.

I select an area on my photo and tick the invert mask box to make changes to the subject in my photo. I increase the exposure with +1.

Next I untick the invert mask box to make further adjustments to the background in my photo. I decrease the background exposure with -1.

If I tick the invert mask box again, the adjustments I made to the subject changes to the exposure settings for the background.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

You can only do one adjustment with the radial filter - either without Invert Mask checked, or with Invert Mask checked.

To do a second adjustment you have to click New at the top of the adjustment panel which will create a new filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only do one adjustment with the radial filter - either without Invert Mask checked, or with Invert Mask checked.

To do a second adjustment you have to click New at the top of the adjustment panel which will create a new filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The way to do this is to change the exposure of the WHOLE photo +1 and then use the radial filter to change the background -2 which effectively makes the background -1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines