• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to update Lightroom 6 to 6.8 - help

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new camera for Christmas - an Olympus OM-D EM10 MII. It's great, but Lightroom 6 did not support its raw files. I tried to update LR using the auto update, and got an error:

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

I was able to read about this and believe I figured that out. So, I was able to update LR. Now it says no more updates, so I'm assuming I was able to get it updated. But when I go to system info, it still says 6.0 and not 6.8. Do I need to do something else? It still does not recognize the Olympus raw files.

I also tried to update the CameraRaw to 9.8 That download seems to get stuck. The really odd thing is that the download date for that the raw update is Jan. 24, 1984.

Anyway, I'm frustrated that there are few instructions or clarity on this process and would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

No, that isn't right. There is an installer for Lightroom 6.8/Lightroom CC 2015.. You download that installer and update your installed version of Lightroom. Any additional updates that are released for Lightroom 6 will be available in installer form. You can download the update installer from the following website:

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Let me try to explain in a little more detail. There is only one Lightroom program. In reality, you have been running Lightroom CC on your computer because

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If system info  is telling you that the version is 6.0, the installation failed. Downloading Camera Raw 9.8 isn't going to do anything for Lightroom. Camera Raw is for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, not Lightroom. Here is a link to some information on how to resolve the error code you are getting:

"Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. I already spent time with this link and information, which seemed to lead to the proper download. I no longer get the error U44M1P7. In fact, if I go to updates on LR, it says all applications are up to date. When looking at the info page - solution 2, it lists CC2015 updates - is there a similar like for 2016? Can I update LR 6, if not in the creative cloud, as I purchased it as a stand alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people have a misconception of the creative cloud. You don't update Lightroom "in" the creative cloud. Lightroom does not run in the creative cloud. It does not save images in the creative cloud. The creative cloud is simply a delivery system for updating the software, and providing special features for those who subscribe to it. There is only one update installer for Lightroom because Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC are exactly the same program. If you register it as Lightroom 6 then you have the tools that are available in Lightroom 6. If you have subscribed to the creative cloud then you will have the additional features that are available to creative cloud users. But it is the SAME program, installed using the SAME installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if it is registered as Lightroom 6, and I do not have a creative cloud subscription, then I'm not able to update to allow for this camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that isn't right. There is an installer for Lightroom 6.8/Lightroom CC 2015.. You download that installer and update your installed version of Lightroom. Any additional updates that are released for Lightroom 6 will be available in installer form. You can download the update installer from the following website:

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Let me try to explain in a little more detail. There is only one Lightroom program. In reality, you have been running Lightroom CC on your computer because it is the same program. But since you elected to purchase Lightroom as Lightroom 6 standalone you received a serial number that you used to activate the program. By doing that the program activates with the creative cloud features not available, and all of the new features that have been added since Lightroom 6 was released are not available to you because you didn't pay for them. It will be necessary for you to wait until Lightroom 7 is eventually released in order to get any new features. So if you download the update installer from the link I provided you should be able to update your version of Lightroom to Lightroom 6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim. Thanks for the help. I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I seemed to have installed enough that LR 6.8 is now good to go and I can import photos from my new camera. So, I think I'm set. One final question, is it OK to delete Lightroom 6 from the applications menu now that 6.8 is there and I'll use it form now on?

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I would do that. If you mentioned it I overlooked what operating system you are using. On my Windows 10 system the same shortcut has always worked every time I have updated. The executable file is not named differently for each update release. On the Windows system is always simply named Lightroom.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm! When I updated it, I must have done it in a way that it created a new application file. Eventually, I had two shortcuts.

Under applications on my Mac, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, there is now Adobe Lightroom, which opens to 6.8, and Adobe Lightroom which opens to 6.0: 2.18GB & 1.51GB respectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used a Mac. And I know nothing about how the system works. I seem to recall reading a while back in the forums that installing an update Installs another complete installation. I don't want to make a recommendation about what to do. You will have to make that decision on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jim. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines