Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't 'Authorize Computer'

Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set up a Kobo e-reader for the first time and it has prompted me to use Adobe Digitial Editions.  I have downloaded ADE 4.5.  I am logged in and it shows the books that have come from my public library.  I can't view them on my computer or my Kobo because I don't have permission.  All of the search queries online inform me to 'Authorize Computer', but it is greyed out.  After being on the chat help for Adobe, the agent instructed me to 'Erase Authorization'.  After clicking on this, it then prompts me for a Vender Login ID and password.  I don't have these.  How dow I get around this?  The agent on the Adobe Chat was unable to help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive the error message "check activation".  I was advised to de-authorize and then reauthorize.  When I go to the popup window I see "unable to erase authorization" and "this computer is already authorized."  I changed my password thinking this may be part of the problem.  What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. Chat service is totally useless. They aren't trained to support their own products. Hope someone here can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I talked to a guy at Geek Squad, it may be a mac/Adobe compatibility issue. He says to try and download Outlook or Overdrive and get Adobe on that. I'll let you know how/if it works.

Sent from my Samsung device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines