• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Adobe make the GeForce GTX 1070 and 1080 fully compatible with Premiere?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now Adobe has updated the "supported requirements" list with the 2017 release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Yet, I wonder, why the highest Geforce GTX card supported for GPU acceleration in Windows is the 2013 Geforce GTX 780 and 780M.

Among pro-users working with Geforce CUDA, the Geforce GTX 1070 and 1080 is the most popular graphics cards on the market, and personally I own a 1070 myself. I purchased this knowing it was not fully compatible with GPU acceleration in Adobe Premiere Pro, but there should be support just around the corner.

Several months later, I am still sitting here with my 1070 inside my tower, with the ability to only utilize not even 51% but only 50% of the 1070s potential. Yet I see, the Quadro M6000, which was released in 2016 is supported. The Quadro series is a much more premium high-end GPU line which is targeted towards high-end professionals whom could also afford a specced out Mac Pro. But with us low budget creatives, whom can't afford 24GB of VRAM, it seems that Adobe lacks ability to make the 1070 and 1080 supported.

What should all this mean? Should we move over to AMD? Should we move over to Macs? Should we just cut with regular tape again?

Come on Adobe. You can do better than that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are fully compatible, they just aren't officially listed as "supported" by Adobe.

This is nothing new for Adobe or for Premiere. User's building powerful systems and sharing tips on this forum have been suggesting builds with GTX cards from NVidia for years.

Regards,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...the 1070 and 1080 are two of the best GPUs to use for PPro !! Adobe no longer tests all the different video cards and the current version of PPro CC will accept practically any NVidia GPU for CUDA acceleration automatically.

The super expensive Titan X is the top NVidia GPU,but, the soon to be released 1080ti is expected to possibly top the Titan at a lower price, between 8 to 900 bucks.

FORGET AMD for now.....only NVidia cards provide CUDA acceleration which FAR outperforms the "open CL" on AMD cards.

Quadro GPUs are very expensive and are recommended only when there is a need to have a 10 bit monitor connected to it. Otherwise, the GeForce GPUs out perform them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to see your GTX 1070 fully utilized you have to have a timeline that is filled with GPU accelerated effects.  My Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) does that with one of the four timelines, the MPEG2-DVD timeline with GPU.  Here is my EVGA 06G-P4-6163-KR GTX 1060 SC and I have overclocked it to 2400 MHz running at 99% usage

100% GPU GTX 1060.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines