Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't installPS CS5 @ MacBook Pro TB 16

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I bought Photoshop CS5 Extended a few years ago. Now I want to use it on my new MacBook Pro 2016 with Touch Bar.

I downloaded the install image from Adobe's site yesterday - but sadly I'm unable to mount the image. The system says I have to eject the image. Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-29 um 04.14.11.png

Did any of you have the same problem? How to solve it?

Best regards from Germany

Marcel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Now, you have to install CS5 a certain way: First open Terminal.app on your Mac. Use Spotlight to find  and open it.

Now after you mount the DMG,  open it up and look for Install.app:

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 8.05.04 PM.png

Now when you drag and drop that black box with the green "exec" letters into the Terminal window, it will create an install command.

All you do is press "Enter" to run it. If it asks for your password, type it in blind, because the cursor will not move or show dots. Press "Enter" after you type the password.

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 8.06.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Photoshop CS5 Install is "damaged" should give you the information you need.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that does not work. I don't have the option "anywhere", I'm only allowed to install Apps from "App Store" or "App Store / verified developer",

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Now I'm able to install all apps - but Photoshop CS5 still does not work. I have to eject the image and can't install it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, you have to install CS5 a certain way: First open Terminal.app on your Mac. Use Spotlight to find  and open it.

Now after you mount the DMG,  open it up and look for Install.app:

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 8.05.04 PM.png

Now when you drag and drop that black box with the green "exec" letters into the Terminal window, it will create an install command.

All you do is press "Enter" to run it. If it asks for your password, type it in blind, because the cursor will not move or show dots. Press "Enter" after you type the password.

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 8.06.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I helped another user install CS5, so it should work.  CS5 extended

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked well - thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you want to use the "Touch Bar." new feature on this MBP, with PS,  you will need to use the latest (cloud) PS 2017.0.1 + version of PS.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but my CS5 is still running well and I don't want to use the Abo Model Especially because there's no chance to get a discount as a student.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines