• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open an InDesign CC 2017 document with InDesign CC 2015.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone:

I've look in the forum but I'm not quite sure:  will we need an .imdl file to open a cc2017 document with Indesign cc 2015, or it can be done directly?

Thank you,

Sira

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're online and have an active CC subscription you will be alerted that it was created in a later version of InDesign. You will also be given the opportunity to allow the file to be uploaded to Adobe servers where it will be converted and downloaded for you.

In effect this simply converts to IDML for you. There is no way to directly open a CC2017 file in CC2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob, that's all I wanted to know, I appreciate!

Happy New Year! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

That sounds great--but what happened in my case was that I then clicked the Convert button. A progress window appeared and seemed to be converting the file up to 20%. Then another notice appeared saying that I was not signed in the Creative Cloud--even thought I was--and the process stopped.Creative Cloud convert.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

And version OS 10.7 or higher

Close InDesign and sign back in the creative cloud application again after logging out. Launch indesign from the CC app and try again

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines