• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Assets folder not opening

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have recently experienced an issue on a project and have not been able to fix it. The project assets folder is not opening when I add media or want to select a particular file. I have followed some other threads trying to answer this question but their solutions did not work for me. I tried to remove the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs files but it only worked temporarily for the very next new project that I opened, the project assets folder will open. However, it will not work on older projects or any subsequent projects after that first new project is started. I am running Adobe Premiere Elements 12 on a Windows 10 OS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

graphics.jpg

I have been using this same computer for years on Adobe Premiere 12 projects. The Windows 10 upgrade has never interfered in the operation of the software. This project assets issue just showed up one day and now it is not going away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the Window menu in Premiere Elements and selecting the option to Restore Workspace.

Also, you may want to go to the Intel web site or your computer manufacturer's support site and install the latest drivers for your processor and graphics card. Don't trust Windows to do it for you.

EDIT

Your screen capture seems to indicate that you've got a 32 bit operating system. Is that right? Windows 10 is 64 bit, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After clicking on restore workspace, it appears to have worked for new projects but not for my current project file. I am still unable to open the project assets folder.

Thanks for the advice on the updates. I will check those out. Yes, Windows 10 is 64bit and that is what I have. I am not sure why the display mode is listed that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but the original file with the issue is still not working. Other files are working properly though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no idea why this is happening, jj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines