• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

low res zoom in light room 5

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed light room 5 on my windows 10 64 bit computer that has a nvidia gforce GTX 750Ti graphics card and in the develop mode, when I zoom in to look at the sharpness of my pictures the preview is not sharp. I exported these pictures and they are sharp...I just can't tell in light room. I updated my light room 5 to light room 5.7.1 and also updated the drivers for my graphics card in the hopes that this would solve this issue.

I had light room installed on a windows 7 computer previously and had no problems with it. I am really frustrated that if I can't fix this lightroom will be all but useless to me as an image editor.

I also am having trouble previewing any changes that I make, I does not seem to be updating the images on the fly. If I make a change it does not preview in light room in  regular or zoomed in view unless I click out of the image and click back into it... sometimes I get a grey screen that shows no image when I do this and sometimes it shows the edited image.

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Monicalightroom_blur.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Next step is to see if your monitor profile is causing this issue. Follow the instructions at the below link to assign the sRGB profile if using a standard gamut display, or Adobe RGB profile if using a wide gamut display:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Just to clarify: Are you saying that as you make adjustments in the Develop module (EX-Set Exposure to +1.0 EV) it doesn't change the image appearance unless you clic

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try switching between the Develop and Library modules at at 1:1 Zoom view. Is the image also blurry at 1:1 Zoom view in the Library module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be working some of the time, some images are giving me no preview... just a grey screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Library module select the images that have a gray screen and go to menu Library> Previews> Discard 1:1 Previews. With the images still selected go to Library> Previews> Build 1:1 Previews. Do you now see sharp 1:1 images in the Library and Develop modules?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do now have sharp previews, but I am still having issues with editing my images. If I do an edit I don't see the preview of my edit until I click off and then back onto the image, after I do this I lose my sharp preview. Is this an issue between LR 5 and windows 10? I have a really heavy workload at times and use light room to speed this up and am not sure if having this level of work arounds is going to be worth my using light room at all. Do you think this would be solved if I upgrade to LR 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR5 should work fine with Windows 10. Try downloading and updating the GeForce GTX 750Ti graphics driver here:

Drivers | GeForce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my driver to 376.33 and did a restart on my computer and my LR5 edits are still not showing until I click off and back into image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next step is to see if your monitor profile is causing this issue. Follow the instructions at the below link to assign the sRGB profile if using a standard gamut display, or Adobe RGB profile if using a wide gamut display:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its...

Just to clarify: Are you saying that as you make adjustments in the Develop module (EX-Set Exposure to +1.0 EV) it doesn't change the image appearance unless you click on another file and then back to the edited image file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it, thank you for your patience and persistence. It was doing just as you said, if I made a change it was not showing up till I clicked off the image I had changed and back into it. I had used an eye-one display2 to calibrate my monitor and I think I will need to upgrade to a newer version.

Thanks again, Monica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear! The eye-one display2 should work fine with a standard gamut display. Windows 10 Update has been known to install an incompatible monitor profile. Did you notice if the custom eye-one display2 profile was still assigned or a different monitor profile?

I suggest recalbrating your monitor with the eye-one display2. Make sure the new monitor profile it is set properly in Windows 10 Color Management and 'Use my settings with this device' checked as shown below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give it a try! Thanks again for all your help, it can be so frustrating when things don't work right and you just made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines