• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 15 - random stops when playing back video that is being edited?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I insert 3 video clips, each MP4s about 4 minutes long, 720p resolution. Simple job, a title, and transitions between each one. But as I am playing the video clips back on the timeline, PE will just stop at random, as if I hit the spacebar or stop button.

Any logical reason this is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of camcorder is your video coming from?

What processor do you have and with how much RAM? What operating system are you running?

When you add your first clip to the Video 1/Audio 1 track, is there a yellow orange "render" line along the top of the timeline? This render line indicates that the program is not matching its project settings to your video specs.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. No "render line" - this has happened on a couple of files, both were standard h.264 MP4 files, 720p resolution, 29.97 fps, very "normal."

CPU is an Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz quad core. Memory is 16G. Windows 10.

Seems to work well, when I combined clips, edit, add titles and transitions, i was able to export the 20 minute video to a 720p MP4 and it only took about 15 minutes. Final video was fine. Just was wondering why playing some clips in the editor timeline result in random stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on what you've told me, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines