Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MSO is masking my buttons Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a 'timeline' I'm creating for a client in a Publish Online doc.

You'll click/tap on the year > panel slides with info for that year > click on the panel it slides out (image attached)

Problem I'm having is that I have the MSO with the info panels on a layer above the layer with my buttons and the top MSO layer is 'masking' or making my buttons not function.

I've tried a few things like each button having it's own layer but it's getting confusing and I'm short on time.

Is there a better way of achieving this or is it a case of having each button and panel on their own layer and messing around with the hierarchy?

Any help, as always, greatly appreciated.

Rough idea of what I'm trying to do is here -

https://indd.adobe.com/view/d5f6ee9a-2d2b-4067-88eb-88d7739f444d

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

to position the buttons outside of the MSO—even on different layers—will make no sense… The activated MSO will always cover the buttons.

The cleanest way I can think of is creating one large MSO where all the buttons are positioned in the first state of the MSO.

If you click one button from State 1, the MSO will show e.g. State 2 with the information of the year.

Depending on the layout that is presenting that information, there would be one single button to return to State 1 to choose a different year.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys,

That makes sense. Best to have 1 state with all the buttons or make a state for each button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have all the buttons in the first state. Have a button in each other state to go back to the first state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d do the whole thing as an MSO. You can animate objects on state load.

That would avoid any overlap issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines