Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Incorrect numeric value" when limiting the number of characters

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have to prepare a form on Acrobat Pro DC. I would like to limit the number of characters in a field but when I try to do it in the Text Field Property an error message appears that says "Incorrect numeric value". When I try to do the same task on the same file but on a different machine (I'm working on Mac environment) I don't have any problem to do it. Just for information I recently bought a CC licence, I was using CS6 softwares previously. Does anyone know how to resolve my problem please?

Best regards,

Elise

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a bit more information.

Does this happen with all PDF forms, or just one specific one?

I've never seen a problem with this function, which means we are not talking about something that is always failing, but may have to do with the specific field, or with the form you are editing. Would you be able to share your document?

If it does not happen with all documents, or with all fields, I would try to re-create the field in question and then see if the new instance of that field is behaving correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically, the problem is happening with all my pdf files, but only on my computer. I have tried to make the changes (limit the number of characters) with the same files and on different computers (on windows and on Mac) and it worked without any issue.

Sorry I am not allowed to share these documents, I'm working in an Insurance company with really strict security rules.

What I noticed is that my problem appeared when I installed the Adobe CC softwares, I was using CS6 softwares before that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try with a brand new document: On a Mac you can create a blank document: Make sure that no document is open (e.g. just restart Acrobat or close all open documents), then use Cmd-Shift-T to create a blank document. Now add a form field to that document and apply the same changes you've used for your real form. Does it also show the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I followed your instructions step by step and I still have the same problem. And I also deinstalled Adobe Creative Cloud and reinstalled it again and it didn't fix the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I am out of ideas. I guess it's time to get in touch with Adobe's support: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (don't use any of the "Forum" options, otherwise you will end up here again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines