• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop experience on Surface Pro 4? (i7 iris graphics)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very interested in using an i7 iris graphics model Surface Pro 4 with 16gb ram to run Photoshop however before I pull the trigger on purchasing I wanted to check in with other users and find out more about what their experience has been like. I have read many reviews both negative and positive (some reviewers seem better informed of specs/stylus drivers/performance factors than others)-but I'd love to hear your thoughts on running photoshop on a high spec surface pro.

How well does stylus/touch input work for painting/drawing in photoshop? Are filters such as liquify or other filters incredibly slow or do these run decently? Do you have any experience working with the touch/stylus tools for collaging/compositing?

Any feedback you can share would be infinitely appreciated. If anyone has videos of them working or other examples I'd love to see these as well.

Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I heard it runs pretty well with that config. (Photoshop loves RAM; the more, the merrier. It's no different with a Surface Pro 4 than it is a desktop.) YouTube has some videos showing performance. (Sometimes hard to find out what specs some of them are using, other than it's an SP4.) As long as it has a decent GPU, graphics performance shouldn't be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines