Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Change the Pen Tool Cursor from a Plus Back to Normal in Ps CC

Engaged ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I opened my Photoshop today suddenly to find out that my pen tool changed from normal pen tip to a plus symbol..

I have tried to find solution as to how to return its tip to a pen symbol, but was unable to rectify this in Ps Preferences.

Does anyone knows please how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

I have tried the Caps Lock key but its not changing. The tip keeps showing the crosshair cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Caps Lock key usually switches between the normal and crosshair cursor. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the Caps Lock key but its not changing. The tip keeps showing the crosshair cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try and reset the tool by right-clicking on it in the top Option bar as in this example.

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 12.39.07 AM.png

If that does not work: Reset Preferences and for good measure restart your PC.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Note: Unmark your response as "Correct". Wait for a fix and only mark the proper solution as "Correct".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reset tool in its option bar and that hasn't worked. I will reset preferences  and restart the computer. I am just uploading video file right now to my dropbox which will take some time to finish.

I will update here my findings sometimes later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never asked, but are you using a tablet? That can wreak havoc with shortcuts as well. I'll take it your keyboard is fine. Sometimes third party software can trap functions...but that for Adobe Support (Customer Care).

Since you told me it happened on open, I tend to think "Preferences'' -- those files that keep track of how you left things on exit--may have been corrupted. That's where the reset advice comes in, but it also resets items like warnings and workspaces. If you have a favorite arrangement and want to keep it, save it as a custom workspace, before the reset. Because minor things like panel thumbnails will be returned to default small size, you can understand why it's saved for last.

As for me, I'm a volunteer end user in these forums, and not part of Adobe Support or Adobe Staff. If no good on the Reset, I'd encourage you to contact Customer Care since you are a CC subscriber. Others may come in and offer advice, but unless the badge is Staff, they are also end users volunteering their time.

Customer care can remotely access your computer and better look at things if Forum help doesn't find an answer.

Contact Customer Care

That's about it, I'll be leaving soon.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gener7, I have reset the photoshop as you suggested and now that advice has solved the problem. The pen tool is showing the pen symbol and not the 'plus' looking symbol. Problem solved.

I also have saved custom workspaces and actions as well, so uploading them is quick and painless.

Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear. The volunteer support here does have years of experience and it's a plus if we can clear things simple and quick.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines