Flash Player Install Impossible

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Operating system version: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
  • Web browser and version: Firefox 47.0.1
  • Flash Player version: Uninstalled
  • No error message, except that the installation failed after completing the process.
  • I am going through the normal process, nothing out of the ordinary. It's failed consistently for months now. I've many forums direction to removed library items in various locations. Nothing has worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime installation fails there is an error message.  What happens when you try to view Flash content after installing Flash Player?

Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide all four (4) files listed - Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, and install.log.  Please read through the FAQ completely and configure your system to obtain the files for the same installation attempt.  After obtaining all 4 files, upload them to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Note: Adobe's US offices are closed for the winter holiday season until January 3rd.  While we do have staff in other geographies monitoring the forums, responses are likely to be delayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Flash consistently fails to install. So I have not chance to view Flash content. I get the typical notice on websites to download and install, which takes me to the link.

I attempted to created the install.log file, but when I executed the install, no data was logged. I get the following dialogue box... every time.

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 7.34.47 PM.jpg

When I click finished I'm directed to here: Adobe - Download Adobe Flash Player

The file I'm installing from is: AdobeFlashPlayer_24_a_install.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The install.log file is a system log file where OS X logs all software installations.  If nothing is logged to this file then the failure is earlier in the installation process.  The other 3 files should have some information.  Please provide those files.

In the interim, please try the offline installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac  page in the 'Still having problems' section.  I forgot to provide this link previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines