Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search command in web help output

Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create a Search field in web help that lets my users freely search the text in my online help? I want the Search field to appear in the traditional tripane navigation panel of online help. I do not want RoboHelp 7's default second index concordance to appear. Is ZoomSearch the only alternative? I already am climbing a learning curve while trying to produce documentation. I don't want to learn another tool.

The first time I ran Adobe RoboHelp 7 for HTML I used Word files as input to created content. I got page numbers appearing in the Index, the "Search" index, and in the imported cross-references. How do I turn off the page numbers for the webhelp primary layout?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008
Those aren't page numbers, they're "hit" amounts, which happens because DHTML is not enabled.

Select the DHTML > Java Applet > Pure HTML option in the Preferred Format panel of the second dialog in the Webhelp Layout Properties, and then Generate the output. That'll do it.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Those aren't page numbers, they're "hit" amounts, which happens because DHTML is not enabled.

Select the DHTML > Java Applet > Pure HTML option in the Preferred Format panel of the second dialog in the Webhelp Layout Properties, and then Generate the output. That'll do it.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp