• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEPHtmlEngine issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since i upgraded to a 2015 Macbook Pro Retina and installed Adobe CC I started have issues with my fan running at high speed while using apps, so after many trials and conversations with adobe customer care and help desk i managed to work out that if i completely deleted the CEPHtmlEngine files it removed the startup menus and CC libraries panels from all apps so i uninstalled the software then reinstalled of course the issue came back so found that disabling cc sync it actually fixed the fan issues and i was able to use cc libraries but them today while i had indesign and photoshop both running the fan issue arose again until i closed 1 app down, not ideal as sometimes you want to be ale to flick between apps. This issue never happened on my 2012 macbook pro i use to be able to have about 3 apps open at once. Never any fan issues. Any ideas is this is a CEPHtmlEngine bug? Hopefully adobe are aware and are looking into it. Cheers AdobeCC‌

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

huid31332308 schrieb:

Dear All,

Could you please refer to this post and see whether it fixes your problem?

CEPHtmlEngine slows Computer (Mac) and solution.

Thanks, the following workaround seems to be a solution .. it works.

Could you please try out the private build of Design Library (Shared Files - Acrobat.com), which has a potential fix for the CPU usage issue?

1. Move the old Design Library extension to somewhere else (move to your Desktop for example):

• Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Could you confirm you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed? You should be able to check from the Creative Cloud app from the Preferences. The latest version is 3.5.1.209.

Also, just to ensure I understand, a few additional questions:
- If you look in the Activity Monitor does it show excessive CPU usage?

- If you close the Photoshop and InDesign does the behavior persist?

Please get back to me when you get the chance, thanks
- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey yes have version 3.5.1.209

I've included a screen shot of my activity monitor while both programs are running

Also fan noise reduces once programs have been closed/or if they lie idle in background. Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 9.19.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane & Dave,

Since one of the last CC updates I have exactly the same annoying issue (MacBook Pro Retina 15" End 2013, MacOS 10.11.3 El Capitan); fan noise at high level and CEPHtmlEngine(s) at 110% CPU; that means working at slow motion. Latest CC 3.5.1.209 installed. Regardless of which Adobe tool is opened (PS, AI, ID). The search for "cephtmlengine" shows that we are not alone...

If you need any further info please let me know.

Cheers,

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌cheers even though it sucks, it is good to know it's just not mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if ID, PS or Ai is closed completely, CEPHtml Engine Helper runs normal. If i start one of these programs, CEPHtml Engine Helper is over 100% (without working in the program).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear David,

• Yes, in my case, the latest version of the Creative Cloud app is installed
  • Yes, if I open the Windows 10 Task Manager, I see a huge load for CEPHtmlEngine.exe
  • If I close e.g. Photoshop or Dreamweaver, the load is gone. Thus, no -- it does not persist. But for example, if I start Photoshop and Dreamweaver together, I get the double load (witch means, the system is not usable any longer)
  • In case of Photoshop, I can disable the plug-in system (Preferences -> Plug-Ins -> Disable "Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet" and disable "Load Extension Panels"). Afterwards, everything is fine ... but Photoshop is missing many features e.g. Export as, etc.
  • In case of Dreamweaver, I can re-name the CEPHtmlEngine.exe to e.g. CEPHtmlEngine.exe.disabled in order to force Dreamweaver to not use that!

A solution would be good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want a solution to my problem...

Creative Cloud app version 3.5.1.209

iMac 27 inch Mid 2010

Macbook Pro early 2012

Monitor atividade.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying for a long time to fix this issue on my mac os 10.15.7 and finally I opened up Indesign and went to Window-Interactive-hyperlinks - and unchecked the "Auto Update URL Status" - my CEP HTML status is almost non-existent now - hope this helps - will post update if anything changes.   :))))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, will try this, as I never use interactive web page design in indesign anyway. hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have the same problems AI, ID and PS. CPU over 100% when these programs are only open. My Retina is hot like a stove!!!!!!!

Adobe you have to solve this problem asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my Thinkpad with Windows 10 and all CC applications... @Adobe: Please fix this issue fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign update today: V.2015.2 | Build 11.2.0.99

Still the same issue (screenshot attached).

activity_cepthtmlengine.png

Cheers,

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying for a long time to fix this issue on my mac os 10.15.7 and finally I opened up Indesign and went to Window-Interactive-hyperlinks - and unchecked the "Auto Update URL Status" - my CEP HTML status is almost non-existent now - hope this helps - will post update if anything changes.   :))))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@huid31332308: The other thread does not provide any solution for Microsoft Windows users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vektoren,

On Windows (I assume you are on Windows 64 bit), the folder to be removed and replaced are as blow:

After Effects: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\Libraries

Dreamweaver: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2015\configuration\CEPExtensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular

Illustrator: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular

InDesign: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2015\Resources\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular

Photoshop: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html

Premiere Pro: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this workaround. The same issue is occurring in Premiere Pro (using a PC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huid31332308 schrieb:

Dear All,

Could you please try out the private build of Design Library (Shared Files - Acrobat.com), which has a potential fix for the CPU usage issue?

1. Move the old Design Library extension to somewhere else (move to your Desktop for example):

• Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html/
  • Illustrator: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular/
  • InDesign: /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Resources/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular/

2. Download DL.zip from Shared Files - Acrobat.com, then extract it to

• Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/
  • Illustrator: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/CEP/extensions/
  • InDesign: /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Resources/CEP/extensions/

The final directory structure should look like:

.../extensions/

|-DL/

|-CSXS/manifest.xml

|-index.html

Cheers,

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vonwi schrieb:

huid31332308 schrieb:

Dear All,

• Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html/
  • Illustrator: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular/
  • InDesign: /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Resources/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular/

2. Download DL.zip from Shared Files - Acrobat.com, then extract it to

• Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/
  • Illustrator: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/CEP/extensions/
  • InDesign: /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Resources/CEP/extensions/

The final directory structure should look like:

.../extensions/

|-DL/

|-CSXS/manifest.xml

|-index.html

Cheers,

Frank

Thanks, Frank It works also for Windows 10... just the paths are different

• Dreamweaver @Windows: c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2015\configuration\CEPExtensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular\
  • Photoshop @Windows: c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html\

Thanks for this solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with CEPHtmlEngine using 120% CPU pretty much all of the time Photoshop was open.

Followed the instructions here and it seems to have fixed the issue.

27" 2010 iMac with 2.8Ghz i5 processor and 20GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. macbook pro retina 15, mid 2014. OSX 10.11.3

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 15.23.28.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe is aware of this issue and has been working on it. A fix is coming. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's over two years since Adobe were "working on a fix" & I've got the same problem (InDesign 13.1 x64). My files just hang, I can only close them with Task Manager & then ID crashes next time I open it as it tries to load the same ones again with 14 "Adobe CEP HTML Engine" processes taking up 61% (and climbing) of 16GB.

Update - Vonwi's solution seems to be working for now, but if this is a workaround instead of a version fix, what is the compromise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spamhunter,

This issue was resolved by updates. Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app using the uninstaller app from here? Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and then rebooting the computer. Also, after doing so please confirm you have any updates for the related product installed too, InDesign, Illustrator etc. Please let me know if you continue to see the issue after completing these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines