• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to duplicate the Composition Viewer screen?

Participant ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enjoy dragging my composition viewer screen onto my external monitor so I can pull up the timeline to see more elements on the hierarchy. But is there a way to keep the standard layout with the embedded viewer AND have a simultaneous viewer on the external monitor? Specifically, I want to zoom into what I'm working on with the standard embedded viewer, but then keep the external monitor viewer on the same composition but zoomed out to see the full ensemble. Apples and oranges, but I always work in Photoshop like this, and have never figured out how to do it in After Effects.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

how about view->new viewer? you even have a shortcut for it.

make sure you unlock the viewer by clicking on the lock icon.

locking is handy for seeing two comps at once - also known as ETLAT - Edit This Look At That. Edit this/look at that in After Effects CS5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about view->new viewer? you even have a shortcut for it.

make sure you unlock the viewer by clicking on the lock icon.

locking is handy for seeing two comps at once - also known as ETLAT - Edit This Look At That. Edit this/look at that in After Effects CS5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ETLAT! Perfect, thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines