• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animated Characters Will Not Open

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the program, it flashes open for less than a second before closing completely. Please help! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

To get to the app prefs, open a Finder window, hold down the Option key, go to the Go pulldown menu, then choose Library. This opens your user Library folder. Navigate to the Preferences/Adobe/Character Animator folder, and then rename the Beta subfolder to something else.

Another option is to try deleting:

/Users/<user>/Library/Saved Application State/com.adobe.Character Animator.application.savedState

This is also in your user Library folder.

Do let us know if resetting the app prefs or that .save

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and it is very frustrating. I've only recently installed the After Effects update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does yours still not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not happening. I've read all the discussion boards, tried it all - the things I could understand, actually. One board was very technical and I couldn't comprehend it. Still frustrated, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Do you see the splash screen with the fish?
  • Do you see the main grey window appear at all?
  • Are you loading up an existing project or is this a fresh install?
  • Are you getting any warning or error messages?
  • Is this happening with any other Adobe apps or just CH?
  • Does signing out and back into the Creative Cloud desktop app help?
  • Does an uninstall/reinstall help?

If nothing is helping, can you please post a screenshot of your computer specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the splash screen with the fish only for a millisecond then all disappears, even the icon on the doc (I am on a Mac)

I don't see the main grey window.

A fresh launch. I have previously used Character developer but I haven't opened from a project only the application and from After Effects in the file menu.

No error messages.

All other Adobe apps I use - Illustrator, Photoshop, After effects - all work fine.

I've tried signing in and out and restarting several times. Still not working.

I have tried uninstall and reinstall three times. Still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks. Could you post your specs please?

You are using the latest, Beta CC? And have After Effects CC 2017 installed?

One other last ditch idea: If the app is trying to load up an old (corrupt? or out of date?) project or something, you could try to find it (usually in your Documents > Adobe folder) and rename or delete the folder to prevent it from loading it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get to the app prefs, open a Finder window, hold down the Option key, go to the Go pulldown menu, then choose Library. This opens your user Library folder. Navigate to the Preferences/Adobe/Character Animator folder, and then rename the Beta subfolder to something else.

Another option is to try deleting:

/Users/<user>/Library/Saved Application State/com.adobe.Character Animator.application.savedState

This is also in your user Library folder.

Do let us know if resetting the app prefs or that .savedState folder helps. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear helpful people, it now works! I deleted the other files I had in the folder you have identified above (i.e Preview 4) and also emptied my trash can. The folder now only has Beta in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines