• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

remove edits through history panel?

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to remove some edits can i remove them using the history panel. I have tried every way i can think of but didn't work.

If i use the undo it removes some edits i want to keep. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

That's right

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove them by adjusting the sliders.

Think of the History panel as simply a log recording what you've done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think i can do it by adjusting the sliders because I'm not sure what and where they were previously. I'm not proficient in LR.

is there any other way to remove them? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As John said, you remove edits using the sliders. For most sliders, set the slider back to zero. If that's too much of a step, then see what happens if you set it to some other number. (You could find the edit in the History Panel, if for example you set the exposure from 0.5 to 0.75, then the history panel will show "Exposure 0.25 0.75" this tells you to that you set the slider at 0.75 from 0.5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 1.37.17 PM.png

THANK YOU!

this is a screen print of the history panel (Highlighted)  sharpening +40   65  is the left column previous and the right column the current change? Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it means you changed the sharpening by +40 to 65, so it was at 25 before you made the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS ) I sorry this makes me sound really dumb, but

i just need to subtract  the left column from the right column to get where it needs to go?

the one above it if i subtract +19 from 19 it 0's out correct?

the +12 from 31 means i moved it 9 correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to undo a sequence of changes, for example, you want to go back to the edited condition when you did the Export at 3/27/16 12:15:16PM, just click on that line in the history panel. This only works on a sequence, it won't work if you want to individually undo certain non-consecutive steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AWESOME THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7865436 wrote:

I don't think i can do it by adjusting the sliders because I'm not sure what and where they were previously. I'm not proficient in LR.

is there any other way to remove them? thanks

If you want to restore a specific control to it's "default setting" double-click on the slider name (WB, Exposure, Contrast, etc.). You can also reset all the controls in a specific group by clicking on its name (Tone, Presence, Point Curve, Hue, Saturation, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines