• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with PS CC after latest update

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filed a bug report with Adobe regarding this problem. I am running Adobe CC on a Windows 10 Pro system.

There are 2 basic issues that have arisen.

1. The link between LR and PS isn't working.

2. Every time I open PS I get the dialog box, "Do you want this app to make changes to your device",  as if I was trying to install the program. I click  yes and the program opens.

Regarding 1. When I click on Edit in PS CC 2017, I get the dialog box mentioned in 2. I click through PS opens but the file from LR does not open in PS. About 30 sec later I get a dialog box in LR saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe PS 2017 could not be launched". even though I had just launched PS by clicking through its dialog box. When I click through the LR dialog box the file opens in PS. But when I try to Save the file in PS after editing it is not saved in LR. In order to get it into LR I have to import it. So the link between LR and PS is broken in both directions.  Rather than go through that charade I'll often just use File/Open in PS to get it into PS and then import the edited file in LR since I have to do that anyway. This is a workflow killer and is very annoying. I tried Uninstall/Reinstall PS but nothing changed. I'm being charged $9.99/mo. for CC and the connection between its two components is nonfunctional.

Regarding 2. This happens every time I open PS whether directly or through LR.

As I noted above I registered a bug report with Adobe about 3 weeks ago regarding this matter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update and clarification to my post.

From my post above: "About 30 sec later I get a dialog box in LR saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe PS 2017 could not be launched"."

I was guessing the 30 sec time lag in LR. I just timed it. It was 1:50! Almost 2 minutes just to inform me that the file wasn't transferred to PS. And I am running an Intel i7-6700 CPU@ 3.4 GHz so it's not due to a slow computer. This is a major workflow killer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines