Exit

Resizing and rendering with transparency

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.. I made an animation in after effects a while ago :

sadwd.JPG

as you can see it is in the bottom of a 1920x1080 video. I made it that way so i can see better the size of it on a screen this big.

As rendering goes i really want to render it in 500x500 to save space and time, and also with transparency,if possible,so i can put it over any video easyly.

How can i do that ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking. The size of the comp is irrelevant for the render speed if it only contains nothing. Everything else is a matter of resizing/ cropping the comp in the comp settings and chosing a suitable output format that supports transparency, on all of which there's plenty of information here in this forum, the AE help and external tutorials.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess that you mean that you want to crop all the empty space and keep the 500x500 only for your logo at the original scale that would have in the 1080p video.

I'd recommend first of all precomposing the scene for keeping the original one untouchable, and then putting the composition settings 500x500 and moving the precomposition until your logo is in the middle of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines