Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image size automatically change after import

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hei,

I have a problem. After importing picture to lightroom photo automatically crop some parts.

Why Lightroom is doing that?

hdpoiss (2).JPG

Many thaks for respong!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you haven't inadvertently set a Develop preset in Import window. Ideally, you should have Develop Settings set to None

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hei,

Thank you for answer, but it is correct.

Also, when I view picture in Microsoft photo and then there zoom in and after that zoom out, same effect come out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac or windows? What version?

What exact NUMBER version of lightroom?

Which camera?

Raw or JPG?

Does the camera do in-camera cropping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try both on mac and win 10. Nothing change. I just updated Lightroom to latest version to see  is something change but not.

I use Canon 650d and i shoot all my files to RAW. Camera dosen't auto crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has something to do with the Auto lens correction profile being applied, or so I think. Since you have, or Windows has, something installed to show Canon RAW images in the built in Photo Viewer program in Windows that program is not doing any Lens Distortion corrections. Where LR is, based on what what Canon or Adobe has specified as the correct distortion correction.

Not sure if you put a check mark in "Enable Profile Correction" of the Lens Correction section of the Develop module will give you back the full image.

Your only option might be using the Canon supplied RAW converter to regain the full image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines