Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects not rendering full composition, Says "Failed"

Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe after effects and when i hit the render button it renders about to the 100th frame and the puts the 100 frames on my desktop in mp4 but does not render the 278 frames. I've tried restarting it multiple times and erasing the disk cache.

Please help as I urgently need to finish this product soon.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)

1.2 GHz Intel Core M

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 5300 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing what actually is going on in the comp nobody can tell you much. Start by looking for specific layers and effects kicking in on the frame at which it fails and toggle them off to test.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, ill try that.

The Effects are:

Twitch

Trapcode Particular

Trapcode Form

Magic Bullet Looks

Trapcode Shine

Reel Smart Motion Blur 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard troubleshooting steps for fixing a failed render:

1. Check the error log
  2. If the failure was caused by a lack or resources then open up the Secret panel in the preferences by holding down the shift key when you open preferences>general and set AE to purge every frame.
  3. If your comp has several shots in it that you are trying to edit into a movie try splitting the comp up into single shots and render each shot separately
  4. If #2 was not the problem and #3 does not apply then dheck the comp by moving the CTI to the frame where the render failed, pressing the U key twice to reveal all modified properties of all layers in the comp and look for any changes, keyframes, new effects of other new things that happen in the timeline near the point of failure.
  5. Set the work area to a few frames before the failure and extend it about a second beyond the point of failure and try rendering just that section.
  6. If the test render fails start turning off effects one at a time for the layers picking the likely suspects first. The layer causing the problem should show up fairly quickly.
  7. If the test render does not fail you can pick up the render from the part that failed and stitch the two pieces together in PPro or even in AE and render a complete movie.
  8. If you still have troubles try rendering an image sequence. You'll have to add the image sequence to a new comp or to your NLE and then add the audio track, but image sequences let you fix even a single bad frame and rendering movies, especially re-rendering a long comp that is constantly failing is a complete waste of time.

I hope this helps you find the problem. Your limited description of your workflow and the comp gives us very little to go on except that Form and Particular can quickly eat up all your system resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"5. Set the work area to a few frames before the failure and extend it about a second beyond the point of failure and try rendering just that section."

I did that and the first frame i set the composition to is what i think is the cause, and on the first frame it immediatley crashes, i have a keryframe there on the failing point which is optics compensation (keyframe is going down to 0 POV from 250) and I do not want to remove this component. Any ideas?

Composition Properties:

30FPS

10sec

One video file

a png sequence

a camera

and a audio file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like corrupted files.  Turn just ONE suspect layer off at a time, and re-render that small section again.  Repeat as necessary to identify the problem file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now its giving me another message.

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 12.29.25 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I've tried turning off ALL the effects but still fails, but now at the 1st frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have purged everything and turned off all effects and you are still getting a failed render it could be coming from the source footage or the compression settings you are using. I would start the troubleshooting but picking the Lossless preset in the Output Module and running a render with just the source footage. If you consistently get a failure at a specific frame start the render about 10 frames before the failure (render settings) and run some tests by turning off one layer at a time. It's usually pretty easy to figure out which layer is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines