• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logo in Premiere elements 14 video

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm not very experienced in using Premiere Elements, and I'm definitely not experienced in using Photoshop, so I need a little help from you guys. When adding a logo, that I edited in Photoshop Elements 15, to Premiere Elements 14, the logo populated with a black border on either side of the logo itself. I can't find any troubleshooting tips on how to remove this anywhere online, so I'm turning to the experts for advice. Please help, as I need to upload this video to YouTube, and can't have this border on the sides of my logo. Thank you all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't give you the exact answer because I did what you describe in Photoshop.

I selected the logo and inverted the selection so that the background was selected.  Then I got rid of the background so that it was transparent.   I tried to save it as a JPEG but that didn't work.  I saved it as a PSD and then added it to Premier Elements as media.  Once in the Premier Elements, you can put it on a video track above your primary track.  Then you can change the position and size as needed.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill is correct. The best way to do this is to open your logo in Photoshop Elements, make the background image a layer, remove the background and save the file as a PSD file. Then it will come into Premiere Elements with no background. (FWIW, I show you how to do this in my Muvipix Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements, available on Amazon.)

If you are not able to do this in Photoshop Elements, you can drop by the Community Forum at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com and I or one of the other community members will create a transparent PSD for you.

Otherwise, you MAY be able to make the black background transparent by applying the Videomerge effect to the clip and then setting the key color to black -- but the results will probably not be as clean as you'll get doing it the "right" way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys both of those helped me out tremendously all I had to do was upload the photo into Premiere Elements 14 and make sure I did not click video merge when it popped up and fix the issue for me. But as for moving forward I just returned my Photoshop Elements 15 that I had purchased so that I could use the money towards the entire Creative Cloud Library so I have the pro version of everything now so I'm going to be able to do a lot more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ADSGaming wrote:

..... towards the entire Creative Cloud Library so I have the pro version of everything .....

I'm jealous! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines