Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Import My Photos

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having real problems trying to import my photos into Lightroom.  It's just not happening.  I click on 'pictures' and it doesn't even show the option to click on 'photos'.  It's driving me crazy.  I've tried rebooting and uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing.  Can anyone help - PLEASE!!  x

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Photos the Apple Mac App?

You'll need to supply more info.

Are you in the Import dialog window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I'm talking about the photos I have on my macbook.  when I use photoshop I can upload/import them easily and work on them.  but for some reason not with lightroom.  Sorry I'm not very techy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On newer Mac's there is a built in App called "Photos". It took over for the older iPhoto app. Is that "Photos" app what you were referring to in your original post?

Photos on your Mac is something completely different from the Apple Mac OS X "Photos" App.

If this "Photos" app is not what you are talking about then please give a better description of the problem you are having. Including the PATH to where you store your image files on your Mac hard drive.

Better yet post a screen shot of a Finder window showing the folder your image files are stored in and set the Finder preferences to show the PATH at the bottom of the Finder window. And yes include that part of the Finder window in your screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, so here are two screen shots.  Thanks for your patienceScreen Shot 2016-12-31 at 16.21.13.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-31 at 16.22.44.png`

As you can see the photo library isn't high lighted so I can't click on it and open it at all.  And there is nothing in the columns on the left hand column.  The second shot is when I've opened 'other sources' .  it's a mystery.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Photos Library entry is actually a Package folder (Looks like a File in Finder) that contains many other folders. In that Package folder is another folder called Masters. That is where the Apple Mac Photos app has stored all your images. To access that you have to Right Click on it and select "Show Package Contents". It will expand into many other sub folders.

But LR can not access those other folders stored inside that package folder so you will need to Copy the Masters folder and place it someplace on your hard drive that LR can access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I don't really get what you are saying.  The first shot is what happens when I click on 'pictures' in the left hand column.  The second shot is what happens when I click on 'other sources'  In that screen I am only able to click on the 'lightroom' folder;  the other two are inactive ie photo library and photo booth library.  If I go to 'finder' and click on the photos library icon all it does is open the appilication.  I can't seem to right click on mac, which is a macbook air.  I've checked system preferences and this doesn't make a difference.  The strange thing is that this all works fine with photo shop.  Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 17.06.07.png

I'm not technically savvy, so sorry if I appear a bit dim!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right clicking on a Mac is the same as right clicking on a Windows PC. You use the Right Mouse button or Mac notebook specific the bottom right of the track pad or hold down the Control key and click the left mouse button or just about anywhere on the track pad.

The screen shot above is of a folder someplace on your hard drive with the name of 20161230-073422 which really means 2016, Year, 12, Month, 30, Day At 07, Hours (7 AM your time, 34, Minutes, 22, Seconds.

What exactly are you trying to do? Import images into LR? You need to find where your images are stored. You need the Full Path to those images to point LR to the folder that they are stored in.

You mention Photoshop, is this the REAL Photoshop or the consumer version Photoshop Elements (2 totally different programs).

When you are in Photoshop how do you access those images. Please give exact steps and include the whole path. The path would be Hard drive name, if internal it is more than likely Macintosh HD, then a slash / then the names of folders.

Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Pictures/AndSoOn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem as Roslyn. I'm sure it's an Mac thing.  Not allowing jpg to transfer over to LH.  Copies and moved the folder to my desktop.  LH does not read the folder.  Only alternative is to transfer from camera to LH ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LH?

Not allowing jpg to transfer over to LH.

Explain this in a lot more detail. Emphasis on LOTS. Emphasis on DETAIL. Show us screen captures. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed the issue.  Copied "Photos" images to desktop and continued import process.  It was a conflict between both Lighthouse and Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As written, I believe it's a import restriction from Microsoft Photos.  Here are the screen shots.  Notice my import from 10-5-17 (nor any "Photos" files) are not there.  I did a copy of jpgs on my desktop but LH does not recognize. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 8.48.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 8.47.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 8.46.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 8.46.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 8.45.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-07 at 8.45.01 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only thing I can think of is to redirect camera sync to LH or another app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines