Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer an Older Version of Photoshop to a new computer

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Photoshop 10 on my personal laptop and have just gotten a new laptop.  I have only used one of my licenses on that laptop, so should be able to load the license onto a second laptop.  I downloaded the software from the Adobe site, but when I enter the serial number I am informed that it is not valid.  I contacted support and they told me that it is an old version of Photoshop and that I need to purchase Photoshop 15.  Unfortunately, this is only used for my personal family photography and it does not make financial sense to purchase such an expensive piece of software a second time.  The person at support suggested that I use the forum to discuss as the experts here may be able to give advice.  I am hopeful, but guessing you will just inform me to open my wallet.

Here's to hope!

Launi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Launi

We are only fellow users like you; so little we can do to make serial numbers work for older software not designed for modern operating systems.

If it is any consolation,  Adobe has been running promotions during the holidays and through early January. On-line sites such as Amazon, Costco etc. maybe even cheaper.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's even cheaper on Amazon at $60: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=photoshop+el ements+15

By the way, your application is Photoshop Elements (not Photoshop, which is much more expensive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines