• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

errors trying to open Lightroom 6.8

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get two error messages when trying to open Lightroom 6.8 - the same messages I got before I applied the Lighroom 6.8 patch.

First is - win32 API error 126 (The specified module cannot be found) when calling ::LoadLibrary from getCFunction

If I get by this error message by clicking OK and this only worked once, I get:

Could not call C function: private_load_AGCoreTech  This error message is sitting on top of the other, presumably the win32 error. I cannot close either error message - have to kill the Lightroom processes in Task Manager.

I am running windows 10, latest updates installed.

I have tried uninstalling Lightroom, reinstalling and adding two dlls as suggested in another forum post (msvcr80.dll and msvcr100.dll) which worked for some folks.

I have tried to open it in Administrator mode - same errors.

My laptop is a Lenovo y50-70. It has both Intel and Nvidia cards in it - both are running the latest drivers.

Lightroom worked before when it was 6.6.1 but then stopped with the error messages as listed above. I thought applying the patch to 6.8 would fix it - nope. That is when I tried the uninstall, reinstall etc. etc. etc routine. (also deleted the previous catalogs including backups (there was not much in them so no issues dumping them).

Any ideas on how to get Lightroom working again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is Robert Macdonald again. I fixed the problem - I installed my old version of Lightroom 5 and now both versions seem to be working. I do not know WHY installing 5 fixed version 6. I leave that up to the experts. I have marked my original post assumed answered as a result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines