Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CS5.5 won't install

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have InDesign CS5.5, and just got a new laptop and am trying to install it. My laptop is MacBook Pro with MacOS Sierra 12.2. I've downloaded the install twice and tried to install twice. Both times I get the same result. When I click on Install.app, I get the following message:

Install.app can't be opened. You should eject the disk image.

"Install.app" is on the disk image

"InDesign_7_5_LS1.dmg". Google Chrome.app downloaded this disk image on December 27, 2016 from trials3.adobe.com

The two buttons I see are Cancel and Eject Disk Image.

I really need to get InDesign installed on this laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Elisabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've no chance of getting such an old version as InDesign 5.5 working under Sierra. You need to upgrade to a subscription to InDesign CC2015/17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't afford CC. I need to be able to use CS5.5. Seriously, there's no way to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. That really sucks.

Okay thank you very much for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you buy a monthly subscription to InDesign you can suspend payment (minimum one month) when you don't need it for a period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That helps but if I get a last minute request for an update to a document that makes it tough.

Appreciate your help Derek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines