• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom spot removal is jerky and buffering.

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a issue with spot removal that is jerky and buffering after several spot removals on a image.

I have seen several items in other forums with the same problem.

I have the latest high spec Dell laptop running the Intel Core I7 6700HQ CPU@ 2.60 Gz so it should fly through with no issues

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

John

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Mouse or the notebook Track Pad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used both the mouse and the tracking pad.

It made no difference at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a issue with spot removal that is jerky and buffering after several spot removals on a image.

This is a known issue when using lots of spot removal in Lightroom.

I have the latest high spec Dell laptop running the Intel Core I7 6700HQ CPU@ 2.60 Gz so it should fly through with no issues

To tell you the truth, I disagree, there are much faster processors available than this one. In any case, the evidence you have provided clearly indicates that your processor is NOT fast enough, as spot removal is a very CPU intensive task, and the more spots you remove, the harder and longer the CPU has to work.

Some things you can try:

1. Turn off the GPU acceleration (Preferences->Performance tab->Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor")
  2. do the spot removals as the next to last step of your editing, and as the last step turn on the Lens COrrections and Transforms (if needed)
  3. do the spot removal in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
  4. get a faster CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry I was told that my processor CPU would be more than enough to handle lightroom.

I didn't mean for it to sound like I had the best processor out there, as I know that wasn't the case.

But was assured that it would be sufficient to handle the requirements.

What CPU do you suggest using that I can use in my Laptop?

Thank you for your reply.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, of course it meets the minimum requirements; however if you are going to perform tasks that require lots of CPU horsepower, then you need lots of CPU power and not just a computer that meets the minimum requirements.

I can't answer specific laptop questions as I have never owned one. However, the general answer is that you want the fastest CPU you can afford. As I said, you might first try changing your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines