• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low lights sky problem in developpement mode

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem between the library module and the development. My sky seems ok in the library but when I go into the development module, there are several imperfections. Is this due to my import?

The problem is difficult to describe in word, so here are two screenshots for the same photo in first library mode and the second one is in the development mode.

Thank you very much!

Capture d’écran 2016-12-30 à 23.35.38.png

Capture d’écran 2016-12-30 à 23.35.44.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

My guess is that is experiencing the problem described in this post:

Banding in Lightroom 5.6 develop module

The solution is to install the LR 5.71 update. If that doesn't help it could be some other issue related to Sierra OS X upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, way too much contrast in the shadows and lots of banding in the sky.

Mac or Windows? What version?

What exact NUMBER version of Lightroom?

Which camera?

JPG or raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer to your questions:

Mac, macOS Sierra

Lightroom 5
Sony a6000

I shot in FINE quality. so not in raw or Jpeg
My specs for this picture : 10,0s, ISO100, F8 on a Rokinon wide angle 12mm f2 lens

I also have this problem for short shutter speed in the dark

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine Quality is a setting for JPG images. So you are shooting in JPG only.

You need to start shooting your cameras in the RAW format. That way it give you mush more room to adjust the image. JPGs are produced in the camera and a lot of information is thrown away during the process of converting, processing, the RAW sensor data into a JPG image.

Shooting in RAW format preserves all that data that is thrown away and allows you more latitude on doing final adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shoot Me wrote:

You need to start shooting your cameras in the RAW format. That way it give you mush more room to adjust the image. JPGs are produced in the camera and a lot of information is thrown away during the process of converting, processing, the RAW sensor data into a JPG image.

No offense intended, but how does that explain the difference between the posted Library and Develop module screenshots? The Library preview looks pretty good and the Develop module preview has very noticeable banding artifacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't but then again in the Library module we are looking at a Preview created by LR. And that the image is way under exposed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that is experiencing the problem described in this post:

Banding in Lightroom 5.6 develop module

The solution is to install the LR 5.71 update. If that doesn't help it could be some other issue related to Sierra OS X upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, It worked perfectly with the LR5.71!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice , I will start taking my pictures in RAW format !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image you are looking at in the Library module is a Preview created by LR at time of import, usually lower resolution. The image you are looking at in the Develop module is the Actual Image.

Make and model of the camera you used and what was the shutter speed and ISO the images was shot at.

Long shutter speeds have never been that good with digital sensors. Sensor heats up the longer the shutter is left open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jean1301 wrote:

I have a problem between the library module and the development. My sky seems ok in the library but when I go into the development module, there are several imperfections.

When you see differences between the Library and Develop module previews at less than 1:1 Zoom View (i.e. Fit view) it is generally caused by two things:

1) Excessive noise in the image due to high camera ISO setting and/or long exposure time.

Go to the Develop module and set the image to 1:1 Zoom view. In the Detail panel use the Luminance and Color Noise Reduction sliders to reduce visible noise in the image. Also make sure Sharpening 'Amount' is set no higher than 50 with a lower setting preferable. Now check the Fit Zoom view setting for differences between the Develop and Library modules.

2) GPU incompatibility with LR 6 or CC 2015.

Go to Preferences> Performance and uncheck 'Use Graphics Processor.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines