• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

spot removal tool not working

Advisor ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of old family photos.  Many have stains or spots or tears that I thought I could fix using the spot removal tool with its paint feature.  On some photos this has worked but on one in particular it does not.  A stain and spot on a man's jacket are unaffected by the tool - neither the spot removal nor click and drag feature for copying portions over other areas works.  The white "paint" area is showing when clicking and dragging but the stained area I want to replace is completely unaffected; same with the spot when I use the spot removal.  I took Jan Kabili's course on LR in lynda so I am using this tool correctly, I think.  Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen the same problem rarely (2-3 times) with random images, trying to spot remove dust on a scanned photo.

Almost like one small area of the image is protected from adjustments. Other areas on the photo adjust with the brush just fine!

but I have no answer or explanation.

I will follow this thread.

CC2015.8   Win-10

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay, thanks, hopefully somebody will know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines