Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotoscoping clips don't show when exported

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In my composition I have rotoscoped my eyes to then place a different clip behind them to replace my eyes with the clips. The playback is fine in After Effects but as soon as I export the video the effects on one eye disappears for a bit and then it changes over to the other eye disappearing and then they re-appear etc. I'm just not really too sure why it's doing this?

Oscar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

it is recommended (not required) to Freeze your rotobrush clips. this could resolve some of these issues. Try again after you freeze

but before you render Don't use the old buggy H.264 codec under Quicktime

it gives poor results in compression of data and pixels. if you need H.264 use adobe media encoder for your compressed exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't know. You have not provided any exact info like what tools you actually used, comp settings, render settings, version of AE, system info and so on. Alo provide screenshots of your timeline and the comp.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, here we go:

I used the Roto-Brush Tool

My comp settings:
Preset - HDTV 1080 25
1920x1080
Square Pixels
25fps

My render settings:
Video Codec - H.264
Quality - Best
Resolution - Full
25fps
1920x1080
Format - Quicktime

I'm using the CC 2017 version

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 13.10.43.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-01 at 13.12.40.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-01 at 13.20.56.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-01 at 13.21.21.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-01 at 13.22.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is recommended (not required) to Freeze your rotobrush clips. this could resolve some of these issues. Try again after you freeze

but before you render Don't use the old buggy H.264 codec under Quicktime

it gives poor results in compression of data and pixels. if you need H.264 use adobe media encoder for your compressed exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much it worked! What if I export using Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) I heard that that's the best to use to get the best quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where is this video going next? If for upload to youtube or other media sharing service then it's going to be compressed to H.264 eventually. See which format gives you the best results and stick to it. If it's for further editing, I would stick to a lossless codec based on your production needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines