• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I replace white on a pin board with images?

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a few clips of panning across a pin board with white photo paper that I wanted to be able to replace with images.  I did this because I thought I would be able to replace the white paper with an images I wanted to and switch the images if I changed my mind.  I have attached a picture that will give an idea of  what I have done.  I pan through  this board focusing on different parts.  My  question is how do I get the images to only appear in the white paper, and how can I keep the shadows and curves of the paper showing as part of the new image.  Is there a way to do that?  Also I have to track the shots so the images stay in place as I move around the board, do I use the corner pin tool?  I am pretty new to After Effects so I would love to learn how to do this the right way.  Any help will be appreciated. 

Thanks in advanced.

JayIMG_2259.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do I use the corner pin tool?

Most likely yes, but depending on the camera move other techniques like genuine 3D-tracking or some mochaAE trickery may be required, especially when content goes off-screen. Impossible to tell from a static image. The rest is a non-issue. You'd simply overlay the images, so there's no requirement for any exta work other than matching the edges with some basic masking. Either way, I suggest you look up some tutorials based on the clues I provided.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi NaturalAlias,

Were you able to get this effect done yet? Did Mylenium's response help you out? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines