Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets don't show in LR CC

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

LR CC doesn't show any self-created or imported presets. Any preset I create is lost when I restart LR. All the presets that came with LR are operating normally.

When I delete a preset by right-clicking on the popup menu it disappeares from the list in the preset-tab, but it is not deleted from the default folder wherein the presets are stored..

In this default folder I see all the presets I created and also all the downloaded presets I copied in there.

A thorough search of the net didn't provide me with a solution.

I use a PC (Win 10) and the latest version of LR CC.

My photo's and catalogue are stored on an external drive. The presetfolder is the default folder on the internal C-drive.

The catalogue is backed-up once a week.

Any help will be grately appreciated.

Martien.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Exact Path to your manually created and or downloaded presets?

They should be stored in a folder called User Presets or a separate folder named for what they are. They should not be dumped into the "Lightroom Presets"  folder.

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\User Presets

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\Street Photography

And so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path is: C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\User Presets

And I have created a few other folders that appear in that path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you don't see User Presets in the Presets section in the Develop module?

Preset panel.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Only for the time I create a preset myself and then only for the duration of the LR-session. After I shut down LR the presets are gone from the preset-tab but they are still in the default storage folder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post some screen shots of the LR develop module with the Presets area open and with a File Explorer window with the Path above showing the User Preset folder open and the files contained in it in the right pane of that window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 screenshots.

One is the LR presets tab. As you can see the LR presets are visible and they work just fine. The last item is the user preset folder, which is empty.

The other is Win Explorer with the the path and the presets. As you can see there are some presets with the same name: I've created them since they disappeared.

Schermafdruk 2017-01-01 11.43.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafdruk 2017-01-01 11.45.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I know what the problem is. Open the LR preferences and Un-Check the option to store presets with the catalog. It is on the Presets tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried to check/uncheck the option to store the presets with the catalogue. Doesn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in your first SS the Path is listed as "C:\Users\User". Your actual computer USER NAME is User and not either your first name or first and last name?

If the Account you are signed into the computer with is named anything other than USER that is your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My username is actually not USER but my initials and last name. Does that mean that LR cannot find the right folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does. Copy your Presets, User Presets, from the C:\Users\User account to your Named (initials) (C:\Users\YourInitials​) account and test.

Could be before you created your Named account you installed LR on the account named User (which it seems some systems are set up that way from the factory, with User or Owner as an account).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than I have a problem: there is no folder for my named account...? Only USER

Schermafdruk 2017-01-01 15.19.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you did was change the name of the User account to your initials. Instead of creating a new account using your initials.

Is that User account an Administrator account? It should be as the only account on the computer.

Sorry I have no idea what to do from this point forward. Could have something to do with the language you are using but I'm not sure. I do know there are some glitches with certain language translations.

About the only thing I can suggest is to Copy your Presets, Catalog, Image files and any other customization's you have done in LR  then uninstall and reinstall. You could first try deleting the LR preference file, LR will recreate one next time it starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You' ve been a big help; thank you very much!

I think I will follow your advice and reinstall and see wath that will accomplish.

So again: thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just to let you know: reinstalling LR did not bring a solution.

Newly imported presets work without a glitch; presets I created are immediately lost when LR is shut down.

Maybe I should reinstall Windows10 to solve the problem concerning my account. I'll sleep on that one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to reinstall Win 10, Yet.

Just create an Administrators account using your name or initials and migrate all your user documents and the like over to this new Admin Account. Once everything is as you like it and you are satisfied you will never need to go back to the original account you can Delete that account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All right. Since I already have an Admin account it should do to migrate my stuff to that account. I will find the time somewhere this week.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Screen Shot of your Screen Shot showing the User Account Name you posted.

SS of SS User.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preset parsing does not do nested directories correctly. If you nest the folders deeper than the level of "user presets", the presets will be all grouped together and the folder they are in will be shown out of place and empty. (If I remember correctly.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines