Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed Photoshop CS4 installation

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to install Photoshop CS4 onto my mac from a Master Collection disc. I successfully installed photoshop around 3 days ago without a problem. Just yesterday I was having trouble opening photoshop so I uninstalled it. Now when I try to reinstall it, it loads about half way and then says there is a failure and cannot complete the installation. If anyone knows how to help, that'd be appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Uninstall and use the Cleaner Tool to remove any remnants that may be blocking the install.

Note: A shortcut to the uninstaller should be in the CS4 folder or Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems PC/Mac download links.

Then download a fresh installer: Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) products PC/Mac installers.

Restart your Mac

Reinstall and see  how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and use the Cleaner Tool to remove any remnants that may be blocking the install.

Note: A shortcut to the uninstaller should be in the CS4 folder or Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems PC/Mac download links.

Then download a fresh installer: Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) products PC/Mac installers.

Restart your Mac

Reinstall and see  how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You also may want to repair your permissions on your application folder as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines