• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk Is Not Really There on Import

Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import my photos from my CompactFlash card by plugging it into a USB reader.  This has all worked fine.  But now, when I plug the card in, the disk shows up twice in LR import dialog.  And even when no card is plugged in, LR still sees one if I start the Import dialog.   See the EOS_DIGITAL below.  It's not really plugged in.  What's going on with that and how do I get rid of it?  I tried right clicking and saying "Eject" but that doesn't do anything.    Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 8.38.13 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Forgot my own first rule of solving computer issues.  Try rebooting first!  Phantom disk went away after that.   Thanks for the ideas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see one entry for the EOS_Digital and that would be the card inserted into the card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said above, this screenshot is when ​no​ CF card is plugged in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you restarted your Mac?

Even if it is listed as the default source that doesn't mean you have to use what LR has suggested as an import source. You can always select some other drive from the list just below that entry.

Then the question is if there is no card inserted and all other images on your other drives are already imported into LR why are you opening the Import dialog window?

If this is an Add On card reader just disconnect it from the USB cable or USB port on the computer. Surely that will cause that entry to go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if this "ghost" disk is a variation of this problem described here where there are two identical folders or two identical drives listed: Lightroom 4.3 Duplicate folders being created on import

In particular, if you actually insert the CF card, does the drive now appear twice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forgot my own first rule of solving computer issues.  Try rebooting first!  Phantom disk went away after that.   Thanks for the ideas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines