• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 crashes on start-up

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 used to work.  I have made no changes but it now crashes on start up. I run it on a Lenovo Yoga2 runnign Windows 10 which is up to date. I have followed all the troubleshooting items and checked everything including reinstalling but despite successfully reinstalling it still crashes.  Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Hi Akash

I eventually managed to get Lightroom 6 to install. Unfortunately our suggestions didn't work. But when I uploaded the 6.8 patch and made sure that SLCache was named correctly it finally started correctly.  Thank you for trying to help.

Regards

Reneé

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ReneeD,

Please refer Lightroom doesn't launch or closes automatically after splash screen and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for the suggestions, however, I am now stuck as I had loaded 5.7 which worked but won't read the catalogue from version 6.0. Now the version 6.0 fails to install.  I get the error message below and have checked the permissions and they are correct. These folders don't actually even exist after the installation fails. 

Exit Code: 7 Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  
ERROR: DF024 ...   -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- 
- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)    ----------- Payload: Adobe Lightroom 6.0.0.0
{8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D} ----------- 
ERROR: DF024: Unable to move file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\adobeTemp\{8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D}\_230_2119bfc4dc03874f1f235a879eeac6e1"
to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Helpers\DynamicLinkMediaServer\dynamiclinkmediaserver\1.0\libmmd.dll" Error 32
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 223)  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akash

I eventually managed to get Lightroom 6 to install. Unfortunately our suggestions didn't work. But when I uploaded the 6.8 patch and made sure that SLCache was named correctly it finally started correctly.  Thank you for trying to help.

Regards

Reneé

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines