• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Won't Lightroom Open RAW Files from Canon 1DX Mark II?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Canon 1DX Mk 2 and Lightroom will not open its raw files.  It doesn't matter if the camera is connected to my MacBook Pro via USB 3.0 or if I'm opening the files from a card reader.  The application sees my camera in the Import dialog, but doesn't find any accessible files.

I have the latest version of Lightroom CC installed (CC 2015.8 [ 1099473 ]), the latest version of Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2 and the necessary Canon utility drivers installed but I can't seem to get around this problem as others have reported in this forum.  I've updated the camera firmware to the latest version, too.

I can open and import the files in Adobe Bridge and in the Adobe Photo Importer, but I can't figure out why Lightroom can't see the files.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

--jag

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

If you have twirled open the destination tab, then I’m not sure what the problem is.

The only other suggestion is to launch image capture and get the photos into a folder using that app.

Then bring into Lightroom using:

Import >>Add

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact word-for-word error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not an error message per se:  it just says "No Photos Found."

The Lightroom version info. is:  2015.8 Release Camera Raw 9.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure the destination panel is open on the right and that the folder you are copying into has full permissions (read & write privileges)

The full file path should be displayed at the top of the right-hand panel in the import dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have r+w permissions to the destination directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have twirled open the destination tab, then I’m not sure what the problem is.

The only other suggestion is to launch image capture and get the photos into a folder using that app.

Then bring into Lightroom using:

Import >>Add

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this solved?  The "correct answer here" is only a patch.  I am having this issue today as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Explain your issue in detail. Assume we know nothing, start from the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines