• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2015.8 Panels are black

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 2017.8 and mac OS Sierra 10.12.2.  When I try a switch to Develop module or even move my cursor over side panels, the panels and film strip turn black and the only way I can reverse this is to close and reopen Lightroom or sometimes just minimizing and then remaximizing it works.  Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Matthew Kraus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Matthew,

We have identified this issue and are working on it. You may find more information on this here Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Family Customer Commun…

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

We have identified this issue and are working on it. You may find more information on this here Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa...

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 

Matthew Kraus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same problem with Mac OS El Capitan... I have tried to use the roll back solution but unfortunately my camera (OM-D EM-1 Mk2) is not supported and now I am unable to edit my images an exclamation point in top right of grid view....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philrob,

I am unable to edit my images an exclamation point in top right of grid view...

This means that your images are missing from the catalog because they were moved, renamed or deleted in the Finder.

Please refer Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders ​ to locate missing images.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but that is the incorrect answer…

my issue with lightroom is the blacking out of the panels surrounding the grid/loupe view in the middle of the user interface, this problem has been acknowledged by Adobe and a suggested work around is the roll back to an earlier version of lightroom…. this earlier version does not support my camera Olympus OM-D EM-1 Mk2 therefore making the images un-editable… the original files are editable when I re-install the latest version but I am constantly having to re-start lightroom to enable the panels…frustrating I am considering revoking my CC membership if this continues.

Phil Robinson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have identified this issue and are working on it. You may find more information on this here Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa...

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash,

This is the information I referred to which suggested to roll back my version of lightroom, also my Mac OS is El Capitan similar issue though I hope this gets settled soon… otherwise On One or Capture One may be getting my business shortly.

Regards

Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

I am experiencing the same problem, with black menu's top, bottom, left and right. The only thing visible is the photo itself. This occurs in the develop module. However, like Phil, and unlike Matthew, I am using El Capitan. Will the fix address the issue on El Capitan as well as Sierra?

Also, could you tell me where to find the version number. I do not see it in the "About Photoshop Lightroom" in the upper left corner within the application, and I do not see it when clicking on the icon in the finder and doing a "get info". All I can find is "2015.8" release number and build "1099473".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jonholcombe,

The current workaround is to roll back to a previous version. Follow the steps mentioned in How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Our team is working on this and we will update the above discussion when the issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines