• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows system error when I try to load an image

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for Windows 10 - which I reinstalled today.

Whenever I use Ctrl-D to add an image, inDesign crashes with the following information:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 12.0.0.81, time stamp: 0x57f545c7

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x578997b2

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f73e3

Faulting process ID: 0x14ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d26379b13bcc1c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2017\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: 055339c4-e765-4fb7-9acf-b02f143dd4aa

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I also find that each time I restart, the icon bar at the side and the toolbars at the top are not there and I have to reinstate them by going to Window/workspaces/essentials. Surely this shouldn't be necessary?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience but restart of trial is not possible. You can either try on a new clean machine or reimage the current machine.

The ntdll.dll issue seems to be because of nvidia display update not installed. More information available at Programs close-faulting module NTDLL.DLL - Microsoft Community

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

• Are you facing the issue with every image?
  • What is the image format(jpeg, png or other)?
  • Is the image located on server/shared location? If yes, do InDesign crash if the image is on local machine?
  • Can you try to reproduce the issue with a new blank document created in CC 2017?
  • If the issue is document or image specific, Please package the entire document upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send the document link and images to santalwa@adode.com. To package the document, Go to File -> Package
  • You can create the crash dump for windows using the following method:

1) Start Task Manager. To do this, use one of the following methods:

• Right-click an empty area of the task bar, and then click Start Task Manager.

• Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.

2) Click the Processes tab.

3) Right-click the name of the process(InDesign, in this case) that you want, and then click Create Dump File.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

A dump file for the process is created in the following folder:  Drive:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp

4) When you receive a message that states that the dump file was successfully created, click OK.

Share the dump file created with steps above with us

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanyam,

I can't even get to choose a file before ID crashes, so it's not related to a particular file type and I was in a new file. As the error is in ntdll.dll, I suspect it's a Windows issue and even though I've done a soft reinstall of Windows 10, I think I'm going to have to go back to the bare metal and start again, so I'll close this problem for now.

I'm on a free trial at the moment and as I haven't been able to do an effective trial because of this issue, would you be able to arrange for me to restart the trial after a rebuild (it may be a while as I have a lot of other work on)?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience but restart of trial is not possible. You can either try on a new clean machine or reimage the current machine.

The ntdll.dll issue seems to be because of nvidia display update not installed. More information available at Programs close-faulting module NTDLL.DLL - Microsoft Community

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sanyam - that link looks very helpful. I'll try it out, but will probably rebuild anyway when I have a gap in my schedule!

Regards,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try resetting your Indesign Preferences:

Close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow)

You may have to do it a couple of times before you get the hang of it!

(By the way, a trial version only lasts for seven days, so you'll need to be quick!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Derek - I'll try that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it first time! 🙂 It seems to have done the trick - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines