How to make an animation (with Plexus plugin) go backwords

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm doing an animation using the Plexus plugin - something similar to this:

Intro with Plexus plugin After Effects tutorial - YouTube

But I want to animate the lines not with the camera (like in the tutorial) but with an effect in the plexus effects panel (points on each mask). If I change the value, my poligons are being animated. But - I want the animation to loop seamlessly. If I copy the first frame and put it at the end of the timeline, the animation goes back in the wrong direction. I would like to have the first and last keyframe the same + a keyframe in the middle with a different value, so that the animation plays on, but seamlesly, without changing the direction.

I guess I'm explaining it wrong but I don't know how to do it better. So the basic problem is - can I change the direction of the animation if what I'm animating is just a value in the effects panel?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

If you can't nest your composition in a new composition and then use time remapping to reverse the action you will have to render a DI (digital intermediate) using a suitable production format and then timeremap or time reverse the clip. Many simulation plug-ins will not work when time remapping a nested comp so this may be your only option. I have not done any specific testing of Plexus but the DI route will always work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't nest your composition in a new composition and then use time remapping to reverse the action you will have to render a DI (digital intermediate) using a suitable production format and then timeremap or time reverse the clip. Many simulation plug-ins will not work when time remapping a nested comp so this may be your only option. I have not done any specific testing of Plexus but the DI route will always work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, I'll try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines