• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signature field and email button doesn't work with Mac's Preview

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get my interactive PDF to fully work in Mac's Preview application? As of right now, all my buttons and text fields work except the signature field and email button.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Please understand, Apple Preview is not a fully capable PDF viewer. It does not support the full functionality of PDFs. You have to inform your clients that only with Adobe Acrobat they will be able to use the PDFs with all their functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Previewer is not a good PDF viewer, use the Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that and I personally use Acrobat Reader. However, I need to link this interactive PDF on my website for my client's to access, fill out, and send back to me. What I'm seeing in Preview is the same thing I'm seeing when I test out the interactive PDF link from my website. So I'm assuming if I can get it to work in Preview, I can get it to work for my client's, accessing it through my website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you doing this with a PDF form?

If you want it filled out in a browser, either create an HTML form or use a Google Form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please understand, Apple Preview is not a fully capable PDF viewer. It does not support the full functionality of PDFs. You have to inform your clients that only with Adobe Acrobat they will be able to use the PDFs with all their functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines