• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Auto Import

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to set up a watched folder.  Library>File>Auto Import>Enable> Settings--at the settings point I get the message "unexpected error performing command ?:0: attempt to index a nil value.  Any suggestions on how to proceed next!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Hi WorkspaceOverview,

Please update Lightroom for 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the fix for Lightroom 2015.8: Cannot access Auto Import Settings form File menu | Photoshop Family Customer Community

refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that Watched Folder empty when you are trying to select it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt reply.  Actually, I cannot get to the watched folder because of the error dialog box.  I was just informed that this is a known bug and has already been reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug acknowledged by Adobe. Please add your me-too vote and details of your configuration to the bug report: Lightroom 2015.8: Cannot access Auto Import Settings form File menu | Photoshop Family Customer Comm...

The only known workaround is to roll back to 2015.7 / 6.7 (see the big report for how to do that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WorkspaceOverview,

Please update Lightroom for 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the fix for Lightroom 2015.8: Cannot access Auto Import Settings form File menu | Photoshop Family Customer Comm...

refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fear that the 2015.9 fix has a side effect.  I have used auto import without problems for years but with 2015.9, I can no longer edit my auto import settings, i.e. File / Auto Import / Auto Import Settings no longer opens a dialog box that allows editing settings.  Nothing happens at all when clicking through the File menu.

Auto Import still works but my settings cannot be changed.  Is there an alternative way to edit these settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged that CC 2015.9 / 6.9 didn't fix the issue for all users: Lightroom 2015.8: Cannot access Auto Import Settings form File menu | Photoshop Family Customer Comm... .  They're working on a better fix.  Add your me-too vote and follow that bug report, and you'll be notified immediately of any change in status or workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2015.9 and the same problem as the OP.  When I try to access Auto Import Settings, I get the same error message as the OP.  Even worse, whenever I enable Auto Import with the same settings I've always used, the photo fails to import and the Import button in the Library Module becomes inoperative, so I'm then unable to manually import any photos.  The only fix I've found is to load a backup catalog and disable Auto Import.  Then I can manually import photos.  Please fix this Adobe!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is primarily a user-to-user forum in which Adobe product developers are rarely seen. As described in the the previous message, Adobe has acknowledged that the problem still exists in 2015.9 / 6.9; add your me-too vote and follow that bug report to be notified immediately of changes in status. The only known workaround is to roll back to 2015.7 / 6.7: Lightroom roll back to prior update version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines