• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still getting ERROR label when I try to create an ISO Image to burn

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting an error label at the bottom left of the share and export window during the creation of an ISO image for burning. This is occurring after the encoding and at the start of the burn in process. (whatever that is) It gets to around 1% and then it stops with the error label. No message alluding to why this is happening is given. I have tried several times using the ISO Image 25 GB selection (for blu ray discs) and the disc selection but neither works. I do not have any stop markers in my project. I have used CCleaner to get rid of potential problems, and I have cleaned the media cache. I am using Windows 10 Pro and Adobe Premiere Elements 14. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a gap in your timeline in which there is no video? That can cause the transcoding to bug up.

Otherwise, please tell us more about your project. How long is it? What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is the video?

What processor do you have and with how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a gap in your timeline that does not include video?

No.

Tell us more about your project. How long is it?

It is almost 2 hours long, 19.31 GB.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is the video?

Sony Handycam HDR-CX430, Frame rate 60i, REC Mode: Highest Quality FX., Image size: 8.9 Mega pixels.

What processor does your computer have and how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Intel(R) core(TM) i7-4710 HQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz , 2.49GHz.

RAM: 24 GB

I have several hard drives all with at least 59 GB of space. Most have over 100 GB of space. Not sure about the defragmentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about your C drive? If you've got as little as 60 gigs of free space and it's fragmented, that could be a part of your problem. When was the last time you ran Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter?

Meantime, do a Save As and save a copy of your project -- then cut it in half. Just to see if you have any  better luck with a one hour project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The defragmentation did not work. I'm still getting the error label at the start of the burn-in-process. It starts at 0%. Apparently, it gets through the encoding but nothing is created. The project was cut to 1 hour 29 minutes. I am now using Premiere Elements 15. I am using the haze removal tool if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you cut the video down to 20 minutes -- as an experiment? (As I said, do a Save As so you aren't losing your original.)

I still say what's going on is a combination of your lack of hard drive space and the fact that your project very large. But only experimenting will show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try the 20 minute video, but as an FYI, I have over 60 GB of space on my C: drive and over 100 GB free on the other drives. How much memory do I need for a project that is 1 hour 29 minutes long? According to the export and sharing window that project takes up around 17 GB. Am I always going to be limited to 20 minute long videos - if this works? That seems very restrictive. I'll let you know whether the 20 minute video works later tonight. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which drive is your project (.prel) file on and how much free space is on that drive? That is also significant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My projects are on my external j: drive which has 371 GB free out of 1.81 TB; however, the system files are on my internal C: drive which has 61.1 GB free out of 225 GB. The C: drive is a solid-state drive where as the j: drive is a regular external hard drive. I also have the videos on my j: drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your J drive an internal drive? How large is it and how much room is on it?

What happens if you move or do a Save As and work with your project file (.prel) on your C drive?

We need to see if that external connection is your bottleneck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

j: drive is external.

I re-installed Premiere Elements 15, got rid of every Adobe file from previous versions, and put everything on the internal solid-state C: drive; that worked without cutting the video down further. Maybe the external drive was the bottleneck?? I'll try burning a few more projects and let you know if I run into anymore trouble. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines