• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apparent BUG in CF8 Ajax

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2008 Aug 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to find a solution for that problem. I've searched the web and found a few mention of it but no solutions are provided. It's even mentionned in Ben Forta's blog in a comment but Ben didn't respond to the comment.

When using an autosuggest value in a CFINPUT with a numerical value, I get the following error:

"widget: Bind failed for autosuggest PRO, bind value is not a 1D array of strings"

The autosuggest works perfectly well with any value starting with a letter but any value starting with a number (and having a query result) will give this error message.

The Ajax debug panel is helpful in validating that autosuggest results are indeed found but somehow, the numerical values are returned as '1500.0' instead of '1500' for example, indicating that they are translated in the process. Even forcing a hard coded return string of "2" in the CFC will return "2.0" to the widget wich will in turn complain about the error message. When translating the query to an array for the returned autosuggest, I even sneaked in a ToString() for good measure without any luck.

--------------------------
error:widget: Bind failed for autosuggest PRO, bind value is not a 1D array of strings

info:http: CFC invocation response: [1001.0,1002.0,1040.0,1041.0,1042.0,1050.0,1053.0,1099.0,1501.0,1502.0,1553.0,1554.0,1599.0]
--------------------------

Thanks for any help you can provide.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to see that I'm the only one with this problem...

Would anyone care to share how they managed to avoid this problem with numerical autosuggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just change your returntype as "string" and that will do..

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2008 Aug 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

You mean the 'returntype' in the cffunction definition? If I do that, it breaks to whole autosuggest and it doesn't work anymore even for alphabetical autosuggests.

If you meant something else, please explain it to me because this is a real problem.

I read in a blog a comment by someone who appeared to be working for adobe and he said that they were going to put it in their bugtracker.

Here's the blog's URL that talks about this problem.

http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2008/3/17/Interesting-ColdFusion-8-AutoSuggest-issue-to-watc...

This problem seems so important and at the same time, almost nobody seems to be talking about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2008 Aug 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
i have never needed to use an autosuggest with numeric values, so not
sure if any of this works, but see if this helps you as a work-around
until the bug is fixed by Adobe:

1) use your db's equivalent of CAST() function to convert your numeric
value to a string in the query that populates your autosuggest field

2) use your db's string concatenation function/syntax to add a space [or
some other character] in front of your numeric values to turn them into
strings (don't forget to trim that character from the autosuggest field
value when the form is submitted)

hth

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation