• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Draw storage won't decrease

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having some issues with memory in the Illustrator app.

My files don't back up to creative cloud and constantly says 'backup in progress' - i've left it backing up for a day before and there is no change and no updates to creative cloud.

The main issue is with storage, since my ipad isnt too big and I have/had a lot of drawings on it. Illustrator currently occupies 7gb of space under 'documents and data', and remains unchanged even after i've deleted tons of files.

I imagine that reinstalling the app would clear this issue, but I dont want to lose my current files, and since i cant back up to cloud, I'm not confident that my files would still be there if I deleted the app.

Can anyone help? Will my files still be there if I remove and reinstall the app?

Any help is appreciated,

many thanks,

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

HI Scott,

Yep. You will only have that option if you have both cellular/wifi capability on your device. I've been waiting for our engineers to return from Adobe's holiday shutdown to check into this exact problem for another person using Draw so I'll know more tomorrow.

In the meantime, a couple of things:
How many drawings would you say are on your iPad that are not synced to Creative Cloud?

Can you try, if you haven't already, using another wifi connection to sync your work?

Finally, can you emai

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

I'm really sorry that things aren't working correctly with the app. 

About the amount of space Draw and its data are are taking up on your device: It's too high. But that's a completely separate issue. An uninstall/reinstall usually resolves it, but don't do it because you will likely lose all the work that's not synced.

About the work not syncing: A couple of questions:

What version of Draw are you using?

What device are you on?

And, can you do a couple of things:

* You're using a wifi connection, right? If you are, In the app, tap on Go to Settings > Preferences and make sure Use Cellular for Sync is toggled off.

* When you log in with Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud​, how much of the work that's saved to your device is missing from there?

Let me know what you find and we'll try a couple of things from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm using version 4.0.2 and I'm using it on an iPad Air 2.

I use a wifi connection but I don't have the option to toggle cellular (is that because my iPad is wifi only?)

As for my files on creative cloud, I only have a few and none of them are on my iPad anymore.

Thanks for your help,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Scott,

Yep. You will only have that option if you have both cellular/wifi capability on your device. I've been waiting for our engineers to return from Adobe's holiday shutdown to check into this exact problem for another person using Draw so I'll know more tomorrow.

In the meantime, a couple of things:
How many drawings would you say are on your iPad that are not synced to Creative Cloud?

Can you try, if you haven't already, using another wifi connection to sync your work?

Finally, can you email me through the in-app feedback? We may need to have you give us information to access your account, so we'll need to take this conversation offline.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  - i have a smilar problem - i was using adobe draw happily on my iPad, but now i can't even access the software (or the files) i can't figure out how to download them from the iPad onto my computer to free up space (which i assume may be why i can't open the files). when i try and open adobe draw and sign in with my adobe id, it says 'this account does not have required access to a sync storage location. Please sign in with a different account'. can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Reginalde.

I'm sorry the app's not working as it should be. First, I just want to make sure I'm understanding... As soon as you try to launch the app, you get that error message?

Also a few additional questions:

What device are you using (what generation iPad) and what version of iOS?

In what country is the app registered?

What version of Draw are you using?

Do you have an enterprise account?

Please let me know so I can try to help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sue,

thanks for getting back to me.

yes - when i launch the app, it asks me to type in my adobe ID, and then i get that message.

its an iPad - version 9.3.4. model MGL12B/A

egistered in the UK.

not sure which version of draw i'm using (sorry!) - how would i find out?)

and I don't think i have an enterprise account (or at least i'm not aware of doing so).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reginalde.

An enterprise account is just an account through a large company which, sometimes means work syncs to a company server (that's usually when I see this alert).

A couple of things:

Can you log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud  and

I don't think you'll be able to check the version of Draw since you can't get into the app so go to into the App Store app on your device and check for any updates... that will tell me if you have the latest version or not. If you're not using the latest version, go ahead and update.

Don't update it yet, but.... Do you have any aversion to updating your operating system to the most recent? (Just want to check; some people like the older version of iOS.)

Let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sue,

thanks again.

I can't seem to sign into my creative cloud on the iPad (but i can on my laptop)

There is no further update available for Adobe draw on the iPad, so it must the the most recent version.

My adobe ID is linked to my university account (where i am a university teacher)- perhaps that is what you mean by an enterprise account?

best

Geraldine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geraldine.

Yes. That's what I meant by an enterprise account. Is there anyone you can check with to see if permissions have changed recently? Also, is your iPad "university property"?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I do have an enterprise account with my university - it was working fine, now its not. 

I'll ask them if there is a problem or change for some reason. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geraldine.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do. I don't know a lot about how enterprise accounts work but I'm sure I can find someone to ask.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, the university seems to say that i have a personable account, and not an enterprise one, so i think its to do with my creative cloud membership coming to an end - i can't find a way to extend it tho (i have a teacher version). I hoe i haven't lost all my work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Geraldine.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me because you should still be able to log into the app even if your Creative Cloud subscription was expiring/expired. A couple of things though:

* When you logged in to Adobe Creative Cloud did you see your work there?

* I don't have access to customer account information so I think it might be a good idea at this point to contact Adobe's Customer Care team. They don't yet support the mobile apps but they can ake a look at your account to see what's going on. The best way to get them is through online chat (Contact Customer Care).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines