• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4 Version 4.4 running on OS Sierra 10.12

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i updated my OS system on my mac book air to the latest OS Sierra and even with the update before Sierra I have an issue with Lightroom. It seems as if Lightroom now doesn't not recognize either one of my cameras. I have a nikon D90 and I am currently only shooting with my Nikon D700 and when trying to shoot tethered I am not able to.  I notice these cameras were listed as cameras not supported by Lightroom but as this issue been address or will it be addressed soon? What solutions have been provided for this issue, and how can I continue to use Adobe Lightroom for my clients and business.

Best,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Your options for tethering support now are to upgrade Lightroom to version 6.8 or CC2015.8

Or downgrade your OS back to the earlier version you had before Sierra.

Apple made a change with Sierra that broke how Nikon tethers its cameras.

Nikon/Adobe only fixed this for the current version of Lightroom not the earlier LR versions. i.e. anything lower than I believe 6.5/CC 2015.5

LR 4 is no longer supported other than you can still get the downloads to reinstall it if required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi durellm,

Lightroom 4 has never been tested on OSX 10.12, Please refer Known issues - Running Lightroom CC on macOS 10.12 Sierra

The Lightroom application could have lost communication with your camera(s). Please refer Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom and let us know if that help.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those options were explored already and as stated my camera is on a list of none supported devices by Lightroom 4. I am asking how can this be resolved. My software is also up to date as I have check for recent updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your options for tethering support now are to upgrade Lightroom to version 6.8 or CC2015.8

Or downgrade your OS back to the earlier version you had before Sierra.

Apple made a change with Sierra that broke how Nikon tethers its cameras.

Nikon/Adobe only fixed this for the current version of Lightroom not the earlier LR versions. i.e. anything lower than I believe 6.5/CC 2015.5

LR 4 is no longer supported other than you can still get the downloads to reinstall it if required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, but when I select update software in lightroom it states that I am up to date. How can I update to the newer software? bhousto90

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to this page A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom. both your cameras are supported for tethering in LR3 and later. I don't do tethering, so I can't help you any furhter with that.

when I select update software in lightroom it states that I am up to date. How can I update to the newer software?

LR 4.4 is up to date - it's the final LR4 version.

To get newer software you to have to upgrade - the latest main version is LR6.

You can buy an upgrade here: Software & Services

Click Buy next to Lightroom, then click Full, and choose upgrade from the dropdown.

You could also consider subscribing to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, which includes Lightroom and Photoshop for $10 a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines