• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrow keys act as if "stuck" and speeds through images

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the most annoying problem... sometimes the when arrowing through images, the touch of an arrow in one or the other direction acts as if stuck and speed through to the end of the images in the folder. Stepping back it does it again to where I can't stop on the image I want w/ out going to the grid and selecting it. This doesn't happen in any other program, so I dont think my keys are actually getting stuck.

This also happens as I scroll through images to "x" them, I find that several images after the one I x'd are also marked as if the x button is stuck.

I hope someone knows how to fix this!

Thanks!

R

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

It's not the key itself that needs to stick. There are several piece below the key head that can stick and then you have the, at least, 3 layers of contact sheets below all that.

The only way to check is to use a different keyboard. It could also be some OS setting. IIRC there is something for handicapped. On windows I think is it called Ease of Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first step, reboot your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but done that many many times - it's been going on a while... sometimes it's ok, and then suddenly it wont stop doing it...

I have LR CC.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different keyboard. If this is on a notebook then connect a USB keyboard to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks... it's a laptop, and I can try that - but as it doesn't happen in any other program, I dont think it's the keyboard itself.

(and it doesn't happen all the time, just every once in while it goes crazy and when it does it also just randomly stops).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing in LR that would cause an arrow key, or any other key, to act as if it was continuously being pressed or held down.

What other programs are you talking about that you would use the arrow keys on a regular basis?

Is it just one of the arrow keys or all of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use the arrow keys often when I edit documents as well as video editing, etc...

it's both left and right arrow keys and they are clean and not sticking.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the key itself that needs to stick. There are several piece below the key head that can stick and then you have the, at least, 3 layers of contact sheets below all that.

The only way to check is to use a different keyboard. It could also be some OS setting. IIRC there is something for handicapped. On windows I think is it called Ease of Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug. Please acknowledge it as such. It happens on multiple machines and ONLY IN LIGHTROOM. This is not a stuck key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug. Please acknowledge it as such. It happens on multiple machines and ONLY IN LIGHTROOM. This is not a stuck key.

Adobe wants all product feedback, including bug reports, posted in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . They read everything posted there and sometimes act on it, but they rarely participate in this user-to-user forum and won't see your complaints. When you post a bug report, be sure to include a complete description of the issue and the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info. Merely including a link to here will ensure Adobe won't pay attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It has nothing to do with the arrow key. It happens to me on two separate computers and it is seriously frustrating. It's also not in the Ease of Access settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue with my Lightroom CC. Is there a fix fot this?

Also why is this thread closed and marked as resolved when there is no proper answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines