• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expert mode is suddenly empty in Elements

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been using Elements 11 in expert mode. Just opened it up and the expert mode is empty. When I click on quick and guided all the options pop up but when i click on Expert nothing oops up at all. It used to but as of today its gone. How do i get it back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Hi,

Thanks a lot for providing the required information.

From your screenshots, it seems that you have not opened the right panel in expert mode which is why it doesn't show you any options.

Click on the the action panel icons in Expert mode to open/collapse the right panel.

Click on Layers/Effects/Graphics/Favorites and this will open the right panel. Correspondingly clicking it again would collapse the panel.

Please try this and get back if you any query.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try resetting the preferences. Do one of the following:

Quit Photoshop elements.

Launch and press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

Now check if the expert mode displays fine.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that it only gave me a dialog box to reset scratch disc. SO I followed a tutorial on how to reset preferences.

I went to preferences general and hit reset preferences at next launch I also hit the reset all warning dialogs. I then re opened elements ad the expert windows dialog is still entirely empty. it did not work at all. Anything else I can try ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks a lot for trying this. We really regret the inconvenience you're facing.

Please post the screenshot of the faulting UI in expert mode here so that we can assist you further accordingly.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 11.54.12.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-05 at 11.53.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from the above post. In guided all the action are there on the right ( also present in quick mode) but in Expert mode there are no acting present at all. They have all gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks a lot for providing the required information.

From your screenshots, it seems that you have not opened the right panel in expert mode which is why it doesn't show you any options.

Click on the the action panel icons in Expert mode to open/collapse the right panel.

Click on Layers/Effects/Graphics/Favorites and this will open the right panel. Correspondingly clicking it again would collapse the panel.

Please try this and get back if you any query.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi That worked thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines