• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neon glow issue

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I'm having trouble recreating some image edits I made a couple weeks ago.

Here is an original image:

DSC01569.JPG

I was able to create the effect in the image below using Duplicate Layer > Filter > Filter Gallery > Neon Glow > Glow Size: 4 > Glow Brightness: 18 Glow Color: #ff5a00 > Top Layer Mode: Overlay

DSC01569.jpg

After trying to recreate this I get images that look like this:

example.jpg

Anyone know what's going on? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

I've got pretty close.  Do exactly what you said with all the same settings.  Then invert the top layer (Ctrl i — Cmd i)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that you had other adjustment layer(s) further up the stack, and probably some masking.  Does that sound feasible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's feasible but I also tried that as well. The only adjustments that I would have made would be in RGB Curves but I even tried that and it doesn't produce the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it help to reduce opacity of your filter layer?  Have you tried Soft Light blend mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried changing the opacity but that of course just makes it lighter and doesn't create that dark look. I'll try Soft Light specifically again but I know I tried different blending modes too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got pretty close.  Do exactly what you said with all the same settings.  Then invert the top layer (Ctrl i — Cmd i)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor

When I invert I get a green looking filter (which makes sense since inverting orange would get you a greenish right?)

Thanks for all the help so far about this, it's super confusing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless something has changed recently, I remember that Filter Gallery's Neon Glow is a random filter.  You can repeat the exact same process multiple times on the same image and end up with different results each time.  

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines